Books by Jim Linderman

Books by Jim Linderman
Free Previews and Ordering

SHARE BUT CREDIT

SHARE BUT CREDIT

Back Stage Burlesk (Verily) Brobdingnagian True Burlesque

The Galactic Central data base of pulps has three issues of Burlesk illustrated but they have no copies of my Back Stage Burlesk, so I'll add it to the universal brain.  I posted a small portion of the cover once, and it's already been cribbed by scholars and gadflies…without credit I might add, but that's the nature of digital.  It is also the day of automated crawlers, re-posters, aggregate publishers,  electronic thieves and robots.   I have NO idea how we will sort t all out, but I do know robots are better at finding copyright violations than humans.  "Digital" makes it all possible.  Every single thing posted on the web has a unique identifier.  Every single thing, and it takes a robot only a fraction of a second to reduce it all to a sequence of zeros and ones and retrieve it up for you.  Served on a silver screen. 

Which means if there is anyone left at "Show Print Co." who put together the magazine above…I suppose I've violated something, but then they didn't copyright the thing in the first place.  I checked.  They didn't even date it.  Verily!

One day we'll sort it out and the rich will get richer.  Trust me.  I am not among them, so don't bother to sue me.

My guess is this magazine was handed out at questionable places "decent" folk didn't go.  I also suspect it couldn't have been submitted for copyright as it was, at the time, of questionable legality.  At least "Show Print" didn't take the time, and since their rag consisted of publicity photographs THEY didn't pay for either…stealing and repackaging images of naked women goes back a ways.


Back Stage Burlesk  No Date  Collection Victor Minx